Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Carrying The Torch

Today is the last day for my manager in her long and storied career at General Foods/Kraft. Not only has she been my manager for the last year, but she was also my manager during my internship and was a big reason why I decided to work for Kraft. Consequently, after her 27 years with the company, she's leaving big shoes for the rest of the group to fill.

Apparently, I was nominated to fill some of those responsibilities. Yikes.


- She was a devoted member of the Kraft morning gym crew. I am now expected to replace her membership in the gym. I am supposed to workout at the gym from 7am til 8:30am. As a result, I am expected to wake up by 4:30 and leave my house at 5 so I can get to the gym on time. Crap!

- She trained for her Olympic 100m dash trials by running thru the hallways all the time. I am now expected to take her spot and train for the event as well. Does this mean I can wear sneakers at work other than just Friday?!

- Lastly, she always brought deserts for birthdays and office parties. Her famous triple fudge soft brownies are ridiculously good. (see picture) I am fine with making brownies for events as well, as long as people don't mind eating brown bricks of burnt fudge.


<== Mounds of deliciousness seconds before all of it was devoured









All jest aside, thanks for everything LR. You'll be missed.


"She's an old fossil too!" - OD

No comments:

Post a Comment